I am so amazed by the many benefits of adding Cayenne pepper into daily health habits. Not only can it stop a heart attack, it can also relieve frost bite, aide in digestion, improve metabolism and is full of Vitamin C.
Cayenne has been used in folk medicine since 7000 B.C.
Benefits of Cayenne:
- Great digestive aid:
- It improves metabolism and stimulates the digestive tract increasing the flow of gastric juices and enzymes. It also helps relieves gas.
- It helps prevent infections from forming in the digestive system.
- It contains more vitamin C than an orange, as well as iron, calcium, phosphorous, and B-complex Vitamins.
- Anti - irritant:
- Has the ability to relieve upset stomach, ulcers, sore throats, coughs and diarrhea.
- Improves Heart Health and stops heart attack immediately:
- Dr. John Christopher, the famed natural herbalist stated that One of his greatest stories in his long career was how he could instantly stop a heart attack if he could get the patient to drink a glass of warm cayenne water. He said, "A teaspoon of cayenne should bring the patient out of the heart attack." With internal hemorrhaging, if the patient can drink a glass of extra warm cayenne water, Dr. Christopher wrote, "...by the count of ten the bleeding will stop. Instead of all the pressure being centralized, it is equalized and the clotting becomes more rapid."
- Helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Regulates the flow of blood from the head to the feet so that the pressure is equalized.
- Supports Weight loss:
- Boosts the metabolism adding in burning excess fat. Also reduces the appetite leading to taking in less calories. Also stimulates the production of saliva which aids in the digestion process.
- Prevents and Treats Blood Clots.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Cayenne’s anti-inflammatory properties makes it a great herb for diabetes, psoriasis, arthritis and herpes-related nerve damage.
- Detox Support
- Cayenne increases the lymphatic pulse and digestive rhythms and is also a circulatory stimulant. Because it heats the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. It cause us to sweet which is an important process of detoxification. Combined with lemon juice and honey, cayenne tea is a great morning beverage for a total body detox.
- Anti-Cancer Agent:
- Studies done at the Loma Linda University in California found that cayenne pepper can prevent lung cancer in smokers. This may be again related to cayenne’s high quantity of capsaicin, a substance that can stop the formation of tobacco-induced lung tumors. Other studies have also shown a similar reaction in cayenne’s ability to inhibit liver tumors.
- Joint-Pain Reliever
- Cayenne pepper is very soothing; it is effective as a poultice for rheumatism, inflammation, pleurisy, and helpful also if taken internally for these.
- Relieves Toothache:
- Preserves the teeth from rotting, and when rubbed on the gums, stimulates them enough to prevent pyorrhea.
- Topical Remedy
- As a poultice, cayenne has been used to treat snake bites, rheumatism, inflammation, sores, wounds and lumbago. Applied to the skin, cayenne is analgesic. It increases the blood flow to the affected part, which helps to stimulate the circulation in rheumatic and arthritic conditions, It increases the flow of nutrients to the tissues and aides in the removal of waste products. Cayenne power placed in the socks has a warming effect on cold feet, making it a great remedy for frostbite.
- Reduces swelling.
- For a poultice mix with honey and apply to skin.
- Warming Stimulant:
- The heating qualities of cayenne make it a valuable herb for poor circulation and related conditions. It improves the blood flow to the feet, hands and the central organs.
- Migraine Headache Prevention
- Anti-Cold and Flu Agent
- Aides in breaking up and moving congestion. Mix a pinch of cayenne to lemon juice, dilute with warm water, add honey and use as a gargle to relieve sore throats.
- Excellent for internal Hemorrhage
- Stimulates the gall bladder reflex
- Effective in causing hemorrhoids to regress
- Will heal a sore ulcerated stomach
You can find Cayenne in a capsule form, powder, as a whole pepper or infused oil. Research shows that it is more effective to take Cayenne in the powder or whole pepper form as opposed to the capsule form. I personally take it in the capsule form and know that it works for me, after taking it I can feel its warming effect. Never take the capsule on an empty stomach it will make you feel very sick.
Places to buy Cayenne:Vitacost.com - Sign up today and receive a $10 gift certificate
Amazon.com - I have marked some of my favorite products here.